Pune to Aurangabad - Introduction

Location : Waiting room, Pune Railway station
Time : 4:30 AM

While I started penning down my experience, I was not even worried about waiting for 7 hours for our train. A pen and notepad was sufficient for me to start writing. A beautiful girl sitting beside Arjun was not even a distraction for me. I was completely tanned and with a beard look, was looking like a journalist. That is what people called me, when I was in Aurangabad. I will go with the details in subsequent post.


We planned for Ajanta and Ellora several times, but nothing worked out. 3 months back, when I started this plan, I was not even sure of going. I was in half mind, when I started this trip. We were six and then reduced to two. My two hands Vineeth and Guru backed out citing different reasons. The legs with the steel rod (we tease him because of his speed) Anil also pulled out. Even Arjun was thinking of pulling out for some reasons. But fortunately or unfortunately my solo trip [like Kovalam, Malpe, Udupi, Maravante beach] didn't happen.

Since my parents were involved in initial days of my trip, I went ahead with the plan. The  Plan went subsequent changes and settled with one plan. You can refer the plan in section Planning Maharashtra.

I can divide the whole plan , experience and learning into following sections.

As I said , I was in half mind when I started this trip. But this journey turned out for me as the most learning experience. As I crossed the streets of Pune, I smelled the beauty of  culture. The hospitality I received in Nagraj and Ashish's house is the best I could remember outside Karnataka.  How can I express my gratitude to two of my Himalayan buddies Pavan and Vijay?  In spite of busy schedule, they came to meet me and took us for dinner. My father and mother were very happy to see the friends I have got. Our Journey started with blessings of Shridi Sai Baba and Shaneshwara and took its speed in Lonavala. The beauty of Ajanta and Ellora will remain in my mind for long. I must say Kailasha cave in Ellora is the best monument I have seen in my life.  

Crossing the 5 km slums in Aurangabad and reaching Salim Ali lake gave a little picture of Aurangabad.  Daulatabad gave picture of Girish Karnad's Tughalaq drama. For a minute I closed my eyes and imagined the characters.  A girl applying a medicine to a dog in Pune streets took me somewhere else. In total travel has always made me to learn something and made me more humble. If not travel and some people in my life, I am nothing.




Last but not least , Thanks Arjun for being a wonderful co-traveller and for tolerating all my stupid jokes and logics.
Previous
Next Post »

1 comments:

Write comments